Copyright (c) Hyperion Entertainment and contributors.
AmiWest 2018 DevCon
Be sure to have the AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition SDK installed and ready to go. See AmiWest Setup for complete details on how to get ready.
We are aiming to cover the following topics:
- AmigaOne X5000 and A1222 SATA driver deep dive. How to make your own AmigaOS disk device drivers. (Steven Solie)
- Introducing the infodata.gadget class. (Mark Ritter)
- Tower57 port optimizations explained. (Daniel Müßener)
- "Surprise" developer related software. (Jamie Krueger)
- Ethernet driver development explained including a new framework. (Jamie Krueger)
- Inside the A1222 laptop project. (Hans de Ruiter)
- Personal Projects. You are encouraged to bring your own personal projects to the DevCon where we, as a group, may be able to help you out.
The DevCon will also be tailored to the group. If something is not interesting we can skip it and move on to something that is interesting. Class participation and feedback during the DevCon is mandatory - repeat, mandatory.
Here is the schedule for the Dev Con.
October 10 (Wednesday)
Set up your AmigaOS systems and test them out. This is the time to troubleshoot any equipment or Internet access issues.
October 11 (Thursday)
We will start at 09:30 so please be there for 09:00. We'll have a lunch break around noon. We will stop when we run out of energy.
|0:00:00 - 0:15:30||Introductions and DevCon overview|
|0:15:30 - 1:01:14||Jamie Krueger of Bit by Bit Software begins his discussion AmigaOS drivers and API specifically related to development of an Ethernet driver within a new framework|
|0:00:00 - 1:01:18||Jamie Krueger of Bit by Bit Software concludes his discussion of AmigaOS drivers and API specifically related to development of an Ethernet driver within a new framework|
|0:00:00 - 0:33:05||Jamie Krueger answers audience questions|
|0:33:05 - 1:01:02||Steven Solie begins his discussion of the SATA driver for the AmigaOne X5000 and A1222 and how to make your own AmigaOS disk device drivers|
|0:00:00 - 1:02:26||Steven Solie continues his discussion of SATA drivers along with audience questions and discussion|
|00:00 - 10:40||Steven Solie concludes his discussion of SATA drivers along with audience questions|
|10:40 - 36:58||Hans de Ruiter provides a status update on his DIY Mini-ITX laptop project|
October 12 (Friday)
We will start at 09:30 so please be there for 09:00. We'll have a lunch break around noon. We will stop when the Classic Clinic starts setting up which should be around 17:00 or so.
|0:00:00 - 0:17:48||Mark Ritter discusses his development of infodata.gadget.class and answers audience questions|
|0:17:48 - 1:02:09||Steven Solie outlines additional SATA driver details and answers audience questions|