Copyright (c) 2012-2016 Hyperion Entertainment and contributors.
AmigaOS Manual: Limits
From AmigaOS Documentation Wiki
The current ARexx implementation has the following limits:
- Length of Strings. Strings, symbol names, and value strings are limited to a maximum length of 65,535 bytes.
- Length of Clauses. Clauses are limited to a maximum of 800 characters after removing comments and multiple blanks.
- Nodes in Compound Names. Compound symbol names may include a maximum of 50 nodes, including the stem.
- Arguments to Functions. Built-In and external functions are limited to a maximum of 15 arguments. There is no limit to the number of arguments that may be passed to an internal function.
- Subexpression Nesting. The maximum nesting level for subexpressions is 32.