Copyright (c) 2012-2016 Hyperion Entertainment and contributors.
The AmigaOne 500 is a PowerPC-based mid-range computer available for AmigaOS.
- FlexATX form factor (21.6 x 17 cm)
- Applied Micro PPC460ex SoC – upto 1.10 Ghz
- max 2 GB DDR2 Ram – 200-pin SODIMM
- Silicon Motion SM502 embedded MoC (audio/video) max 64MB Gfx RAM
- Audio 5.1 Realtek ALC655 codec
- PCI-express 4x lanes slot (16x mechanical connector)
- PCI-express 1x lane slot (mutually exclusive with the SATA port)
- PCI slot, 32 bit, 33 Mhz, 3.3V
- 1x SATA2 port (mutually exclusive with the PCIe 1x slot)
- 6x USB2 EHCI/OHCI ports + 1 USB 1.1 port
- 1x 10/100/1000 Ethernet port
- Lattice XP2 FPGA with 80 I/O pins expansion connector
- integrated SD card reader
- RTC clock
- Serial port, 8-wires
- I2C and SPI/I2C buses
ACube Systems is the manufacturer of the Sam460 motherboard which is inside the AmigaOne 500.
Check the ACube Systems resellers page to find your AmigaOne 500.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between AmigaOne 500 and Sam460?
The AmigaOne 500 is a complete system, ready to go, like the old Amiga was. It is based on the Sam460 motherboard. You can purchase the later alone if you prefer to use another case or other peripherals.
How to use more than one SATA drive?
The Sam460ex is made both for embedded and consumer markets. It can be adapted to different needs. As an example, a customer who wants a board for home use will probably choose to add a SATA controller on a PCI card. This will allow up to four SATA drives. ACube may provide such expansion boards.
How can the operating system be loaded?
It is possible to load the operating system from a SATA harddisk, a CDROM connected on SATA, a USB key, a SD card or from the network.
Which setup are possible with the board?
It's possible to use the Sam460ex in one of these setup:
- PCI-Express 16x slot + PCI slot + PCI-Express 1x slot
- PCI-Express 16x slot + PCI slot + SATA2 port
AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition FAQ
Insert documentation here...